OK, forgive the slight misuse of the phrase, but for all you outdoor gear fiends, perfectionists and just those of us who appreciate that good outdoor clothing and equipment is stuff you don't know you're wearing because you're comfortable whatever the weather - prepare to get excited about an old friend returning to Countryside Ski & Climb's shelves this winter - Mountain Equipment. Mountain Equipment have been making, testing and proving the uncompromising success of their gear for men and women since 1961 and they certainly do go 'above and beyond' in all but price tag so surprise yourself this winter and browse our men's and women's Mountain Equipment sleeping bags, accessories and clothing before you plan your next adventure, whether that's a challenge here in the UK or further away.
PRICE CHALLENGE! We strive to offer a contemporary product selection at competitive prices. If you've seen this product at a more competitive price then please challenge us and we'll see if we can match it.
When seasons change in the Rockies, weather hazards shift from thunderstorms to howling wind and snow. The updated Piolet Jacket remains unfazed.
It protects, moves and breathes with an improved shell, using a more supple 2-layer polyester waterproof/breathable and windproof GORE-TEX® fabric that has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. The hanging liner is now comprised of a brushed and wicking mesh in the body, with smooth-layering taffeta in the sleeves, and the improved drop-collar design on the helmet-compatible, 2-way adjustable hood provides exceptional coverage and visibility. Finer details include minimal welt exterior and interior storm flaps on the center-front zipper; extremely low-bulk, watertight, coated pit zips; and three external pockets (the jacket also has an internal zippered security pocket). With low-profile contoured cuff closures and full-reach gusseted underarm panels for mobility.
- New 2-layer polyester GORE-TEX® fabric shell and an updated wicking mesh liner create a more supple package with greater comfort
- Helmet-compatible, 2-way adjustable hood with drop-collar design provides exceptional coverage and visibility
- Center-front zipper features minimal welt exterior and interior storm flaps that create a zipper-garage chin guard; microfleece on interior collar for added comfort on chin
- Gusseted underarm panels reduce lift when reaching overhead and have minimal pit-zips for venting
- Chest pocket, handwarmer pockets and pit zips feature coated, watertight Slim Zips that reduce bulk and weight; internal zipper pocket
- Shaped cuffs with self fabric hook-and-loop Tapered Tab adjustment
- Dual-adjust drawcord hem seals out weather
- Shell: 2-layer, 3.4-oz 75-denier 100% polyester GORE-TEX® fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Lining: 100% polyester warp knit mesh and 2.2-oz 50-denier 100% polyester plain weave with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 632 g (22.3 oz)
We only sell from our stock which is ready to ship, all orders are treated as Priority and get the fastest delivery to the destination. In the UK this means next working day for orders received by noon.
|Orders over £30||Free|
|Orders up to £29.99||£3.50|
Estimated 1 working day for delivery, 2 working days for Highlands, Islands, Northern Ireland
Germany and ROI
|Orders over £100||Free|
|Orders up to £99.99||£7.50|
Estimated 2 working days for delivery
|Orders over £150||Free|
|Orders up to £149.99||£10|
Estimated 2 working days for delivery
|Orders over £250||Free|
|Orders up to £249.99||£15|
Estimated 3 to 5 working days for delivery
Please remember that your order requires a signature on delivery. Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday’s are not carrier working days. We cannot ship to the Channel Islands, Norway and Switzerland as these are not within our delivery zones.