A Date for your Diary
PRICE CHALLENGE! We strive to offer a contemporary product selection at competitive prices. If you've seen this product at a more competitive price then please challenge us and we'll see if we can match it.
For thriving—not just surviving—in the most extreme places on Earth, the Grade VII Down Parka represents years of building, testing and refining among our brain trust of designers and ambassadors, resulting in a belay-and-bivy parka worthy of the most visionary lines on the most intimidating peaks.
This jacket is for anyone who needs max warmth, but it’s built on our men’s fit block. For the best fit, we suggest women buy one size smaller than usual.
Built for the biggest, coldest mountains in the world, the Grade VII Down Parka represents years of building, testing and refining among our designers and ambassadors. At belays and bivies—any time you stop—the parka keeps your fire burning with its precise, fully baffled construction (laminated on the arms, shoulders and chest) and differentially cut shell and liner, which trap your heat with 800-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down certified by NSF International, traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure that the birds are not force-fed or live-plucked).
The design ensures that the loft stays in place, eliminating cold spots, regardless of severity of use, and elasticized stitching on the side panels of the liner hug the jacket into the body. The nylon ripstop shell is more robust in the sides and back, and has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish throughout. The helmet-compatible, baffled hood has a single-pull drawcord and a high-loft draft collar; the two-way center-front zipper is backed with draft tubes to block cold air from sneaking through.
Plenty of pockets keep you sorted when hell freezes over: Double chest pockets and double handwarmer pockets have down on both sides of the pocket bags to retain warmth when open, and four interior catch-all pockets (two on each side) have stretch mesh for draining snow melt (the back-right interior pocket has a hidden stash tube with keeper-loop for retaining the self-fabric stuffsack).
The elasticized-stitch cuff openings sit gently on the wrist, locking in heat but also allowing the sleeve to be easily pulled down over gloves, or pushed up at brew stops. The hem drawcord routes through the mini snowskirt several inches above the hem, pulling everything inward without draft spots and eliminating any hanging loops that can snag on gear and rocks.
- Light yet durable 100% nylon shell fabrics maximize wet-weather protection with a light DWR (durable water repellent) finish throughout, and glued-baffle construction on arms, shoulders and chest
- Fully baffled construction and differentially cut shell and liner keep down lofted and eliminate cold spots; elasticized stitch on liner at side panels pulls jacket into the body
- Alpine helmet–compatible, baffled hood has a single-pull drawcord and high-loft draft collar; two-way center-front Vislon® zipper is backed with kissing draft tubes
- Exterior pockets: two large chest pockets with zipper garages, and two large front pockets with stiffened welts for easy access; all pockets have down insulation on both sides of pocket bag to retain warmth when pockets are open
- Interior pockets: two catch-all pockets on each side of the front torso have stretch mesh for draining snowmelt; right-rear interior pocket has small stash pocket with keeper-loop for retaining self-fabric stuffsack
- Elasticized stitch at the cuff opening sits gently on the wrist, locking in heat and allowing the sleeve to be easily pulled down over gloves, or pushed up
- Hem cord routes through mini snowskirt and is located well above hem to cinch toward body without draft spots; unique construction allows hem-cord adjustability inside parka or inside interior pocket to avoid hanging loops that can snag
- 675 g (23.8 oz)
- Front shell: 1.2-oz 15-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Side and back shell: 1.2-oz 20-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a DWR finish.
- Lining: 0.85-oz 15-denier 100% nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum® with a DWR finish.
- Insulation: 800-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down certified by NSF International from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked)
We only sell from our stock which is ready to ship, all orders are treated as Priority and get the fastest delivery to the destination. In the UK this means next working day for orders received by noon.
|Orders over £20||Free|
|Orders up to £19.99||£2.50|
Estimated 1 working day for delivery, 2 working days for Highlands, Islands, Northern Ireland
Germany and ROI
|Orders over £100||Free|
|Orders up to £99.99||£7.50|
Estimated 2 working days for delivery
|Orders over £150||Free|
|Orders up to £149.99||£10|
Estimated 2 working days for delivery
|Orders over £250||Free|
|Orders up to £249.99||£15|
Estimated 3 to 10 working days for delivery
Please remember that your order requires a signature on delivery. Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday’s are not carrier working days. We cannot ship to Norway and Switzerland as these are not within our delivery zones.