Someone once said “don’t buy gear, buy memories”. We get his point but you can’t ski naked. So, to ease the impact on your wallet right now we have exclusive Winter Offers on Patagonia! So if you really need to replace some worn out (or grown out) warm layers then don’t delay, visit Countryside Ski & Climb to snap up a crisp bargain.
PRICE CHALLENGE! We strive to offer a contemporary product selection at competitive prices. If you've seen this product at a more competitive price then please challenge us and we'll see if we can match it.
For swift mountain pursuits when every gram counts, the new Ascensionist Jacket offers comfortable, reliable protection in a breathable, highly packable shell. Ideal for light-and-fast alpinism or high-output ski touring, the Ascensionist provides the refuge you need at just 13.1 oz—the lightest technical shell we make. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
In the mountains, the lighter you pack, the faster you have to travel to avoid being caught out where you don’t want to be. How fast you travel is related to how light you can safely pack. It comes down to balance—exactly what we kept front of mind when building the Ascensionist Jacket. Combining the feature set critical to alpinists and ski tourers with the light weight required by those booking through the backcountry, the Ascensionist hits the sweet spot as the lightest technical shell Patagonia make.
It’s built with GORE-TEX Active fabric with C-KNIT™ Backer Technology—a lightweight, waterproof, superbreathable 3-layer fabric construction for high-output, high-velocity activities. C-KNIT consists of extremely fine yarns that stretch, breathe and offer a smoother feel on the innermost layer of the shell. The Optimal Visibility Hood features a laminated visor, fits over a helmet and adjusts at two points so you can fine-tune your vision.
The full-mobility sleeves let you swing a tool or coil a rope without the hem of the jacket hiking up, and watertight pit zips offload excess heat. Low-profile cuffs secure with a hook-and-loop closure; an intuitive Cohaesive® cord-lock system shuts out the elements at the hem. Seams throughout are minimal and narrowly taped to cut bulk. One chest pocket with a watertight zipper holds valuables; two zippered handwarmer pockets sit high and away from a harness or waistbelt; inside, a stretch catch-all pocket handles gloves, a headlamp or other essentials.
- Lightweight, waterproof, breathable 3-layer GORE-TEX Active fabric featuring C-KNIT™ Backer Technology is soft, comfortable and built for moving fast
- Optimal Visibility Hood with laminated visor is helmet-compatible and two-way-adjustable to provide good visibility in poor conditions
- Exposed, watertight two-way pit zips provide ventilation; full-mobility sleeves let you reach without raising the body of the jacket
- Cuffs feature minimal self-fabric hook-and-loop closure; Cohaesive® embedded cord-lock system has two contact points at hem for intuitive, one-handed operation
- Minimal seams are reinforced with narrow seam tape for low bulk
- Two high handwarmer pockets with watertight zippers stay clear of a harness or pack waistbelt; one exterior welted, left-chest pocket with DWR (durable water repellent)-treated zipper; interior stretch catch-all pocket
- Concealed RECCO® reflector
- 371 g (13.1 oz)
- 3-layer, 2.5-oz 30-denier 100% recycled nylon plain-weave GORE-TEX Active shell with GORE® C-KNIT™ Backer Technology and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
We only sell from our stock which is ready to ship, all orders are treated as Priority and get the fastest delivery to the destination. In the UK this means next working day for orders received by noon.
|Orders over £20||Free|
|Orders up to £19.99||£2.50|
Estimated 1 working day for delivery, 2 working days for Highlands, Islands, Northern Ireland
Germany and ROI
|Orders over £100||Free|
|Orders up to £99.99||£7.50|
Estimated 2 working days for delivery
|Orders over £150||Free|
|Orders up to £149.99||£10|
Estimated 2 working days for delivery
|Orders over £250||Free|
|Orders up to £249.99||£15|
Estimated 3 to 10 working days for delivery
Please remember that your order requires a signature on delivery. Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday’s are not carrier working days. We cannot ship to Norway and Switzerland as these are not within our delivery zones.