Hopefully the recent bouts of cold weather and snow have not been a challenge for your outdoor gear? If they have, then maybe 2018 is the year you need to invest in a decent set of base layers or a waterproof that’s, well, waterproof! The snow won’t last forever (we know that’s disappointing for some!) so why not visit countryside.co.uk in good time before the “April showers” and have a look at all the options we have in store for you from the new season’s best outdoor brands? As a nudge in the right direction check out Patagonia’s Torrentshell Jacket; a reliable, go anywhere, no fuss waterproof that packs down nice and small until really needed. Not only does it come in great colours it’s also recycled nylon, fair trade certified and a great price so you can feel good as well as look good on the hill!
PRICE CHALLENGE! We strive to offer a contemporary product selection at competitive prices. If you've seen this product at a more competitive price then please challenge us and we'll see if we can match it.
When seasons change in the Himalayas, weather hazards shift from thunderstorms to howling wind and snow. The updated Piolet Jacket remains unfazed.
It protects, moves and breathes with an improved shell, using a more supple 2-layer polyester waterproof/breathable and windproof GORE-TEX® fabric that has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. The hanging liner is now comprised of a brushed and wicking mesh in the body, with smooth-layering taffeta in the sleeves, and the improved drop-collar design on the helmet-compatible, 2-way adjustable hood provides exceptional coverage and visibility. Finer details include minimal welt exterior and interior storm flaps on the center-front zipper; extremely low-bulk, watertight, coated pit zips; and three external pockets (the jacket also has an internal zippered security pocket). With low-profile contoured cuff closures and full-reach gusseted underarm panels for mobility.
- New 2-layer polyester GORE-TEX® fabric shell and an updated wicking mesh liner create a more supple package with greater comfort
- Helmet-compatible, 2-way adjustable hood with drop-collar design provides exceptional coverage and visibility
- Center-front zipper features minimal welt exterior and interior storm flaps that create a zipper-garage chin guard; microfleece on interior collar for added comfort on chin
- Gusseted underarm panels reduce lift when reaching overhead and have minimal pit-zips for venting
- Chest pocket, handwarmer pockets and pit zips feature coated, watertight Slim Zips that reduce bulk and weight; internal zipper pocket
- Shaped cuffs with self fabric hook-and-loop Tapered Tab adjustment
- Dual-adjust drawcord hem seals out weather
- Shell: 2-layer, 3.4-oz 75-denier 100% polyester GORE-TEX® fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Lining: 100% polyester warp knit mesh and 2.2-oz 50-denier 100% polyester plain weave with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 632 g (22.3 oz)
We only sell from our stock which is ready to ship, all orders are treated as Priority and get the fastest delivery to the destination. In the UK this means next working day for orders received by noon.
|Orders over £20||Free|
|Orders up to £19.99||£2.50|
Estimated 1 working day for delivery, 2 working days for Highlands, Islands, Northern Ireland
Germany and ROI
|Orders over £100||Free|
|Orders up to £99.99||£7.50|
Estimated 2 working days for delivery
|Orders over £150||Free|
|Orders up to £149.99||£10|
Estimated 2 working days for delivery
|Orders over £250||Free|
|Orders up to £249.99||£15|
Estimated 3 to 5 working days for delivery
Please remember that your order requires a signature on delivery. Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday’s are not carrier working days. We cannot ship to Norway and Switzerland as these are not within our delivery zones.