A Message for Our Valued Customers
Firstly, we would like to say a massive thank you for all your continued support and patience over this difficult period.
Due to the ongoing outbreak of COVID-19 the customer experience at our high street store is going to be a little different. In order to protect health and wellbeing of our customers and our staff the following measures have been put in place:
- The shop is open with regular hours for appointments only (hours listed below) - These can be arranged over the phone or via email if preferred
- Unfortunately, we are not able to open for browsing at this moment in time.
- Upon arrival all customers must either sanitise their hands with alcohol gel or apply disposable gloves (provided upon entry)
- Customers are asked to minimise touching of items which they do not intend to buy
- Changing rooms are currently closed
- Other compulsory health and safety practices are in place for fitting services such as footwear and pack fitting. For more information please contact us via email or over the phone
Meanwhile, we are still open online with free next working day delivery for orders over £20! Thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Freephone: 0800 353 086
Telephone: 01438 353 086
Address: 118-120 High Street, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 3DW
Ordnance Survey Grid Ref TL 23273 24942
Take junction 8 off the A1(M), and follow the A602 South into Stevenage Old Town High Street.
Our Countryside store is located at the southern end of the High Street on the right.
Monday - Saturday: Website Open, Store visits by appointment 9:30am-6:00pm
Thursday: Website Open, Late Night, Store visits by appointment 9:30am-7:00pm
Sunday: Store Closed - Website Open
Closed August Bank Holiday Monday 31st August only
Why Countryside? What makes us different?
Our aim is to offer the finest outdoor and ski equipment with outstanding service. Our experienced, helpful staff members all share a passion for outdoor activities allowing them to give genuine, unbiased advice.
Established since 1978, we've gained awards such as Go Outdoors Retailer of the Year from the Outdoors Industry Association. We are a 'one stop shop' for the market-leading brands we stock, including an enormous selection of Patagonia products.
We have particular expertise in women's clothing and equipment, with a wide selection from the best brands. Our trained staff are also able to improve your footwear and backpack comfort with our Superfeet CustomFit Centre and Osprey's Bioform custom-moulding backpacks.
Our commitment is to offer true value for money through offering high performance products that last and last.